Busy Busy Busy! Many thanks, BIG April, and 3 residencies coming in the Northeast in May! But right now: Grand old Mississippi, here we come!
Good gracious, what a wonderful world! Spring is in the air and we're on US-78 headed for Memphis and the Mississippi river. It'll be my first time crossing the grand olde fleurve in a car and the first time my music will be heard that far west, and needless to say I'm super excited! We've had a heck of a time the last week or so... shows in Louisville, Nashville, Atlanta, Savannah, and Birmingham, success in busking on the streets of a number of these towns, a health scare (what with Matt developing a pretty serious infection... don't worry though, he's ok) and lots of time with family and friends. Shout-outs are needed... specifically to Rachel Van Slyke (our amazing hostess in Nashville), Natalie Ray and her band Can of Snakes in Atlanta, my cousin Bill Guthrie and his family for taking us in in Savannah, Markus Kuhlmann and The Trainwrecks for the gig help in Savannah, and Chris Porter for inviting us to The Nick in Birmhingham.
I've got BIG NEWS! I will be doing three seperate residencies in the month of May; every Sunday in NYC at Rockwood Music Hall, every Tuesday in Cambridge, MA at Atwood's Tavern, and every Thursday in Burlington, VT at Parima. A HUGE thank you to these clubs for believing in me, and this means I'll have lots of hang out time with friends in these parts. I'll be playing some shows on Fridays and Saturdays during the month as well, but I'm using some of this time for prep. I hope to show a lot of growth during these days... maybe even build a different band in each city. We'll see, the potentials are endless... ENDLESS I say!
But for the moment we're a few miles away from the Alabama/Tenessee border now and have a wonderful April awaiting us. Memphis, Little Rock, Fayetteville, Indianapolis, Chicago, Madison, Minneapolis and more await, most with official gigs but some (like Memphis) with open mic/busking stops (which is just fine with me). Any how you square it, I'm just happy to play my songs... it's been 3 months now since I left my home behind, and I'm right where I need to be. Gotta love life!
So here's the schedule for the month and keep checking back as I'm adding more every day... please spread the word!
APRIL SHOW DATES:
- April 4 - Savannah, GA - City Market w/ Markus Kuhlmann
- April 5 - Birmingham, AL - The Nick w/ Chris Porter and Friends
- April 7 - Little Rock, AR - Vino's Brewpub
- April 12 - Indianapolis, IN - Birdy's
- April 13 - Chicago, IL - Friendly Tap
- April 15 - Madison, WI - The Frequency w/ Sarah Pray
- April 19 - Minneapolis, MN - Fine Line Music Cafe w/ Sarah Pray
- April 21 - Minneapolis, MN - Private Party
- April 22 - St. Cloud, MN - The White Horse w/ Sarah Pray
- April 23 - Superior, WI - Thirsty Pagan w/ Sarah Pray
- April 25 - DeKalb, IL - The House Cafe (Open Mic Feature)
- April 26 - Bowling Green, OH - Howard's Club H
- April 29 - Waltham, MA - Bentley College
- April 30 - New Paltz, NY - Slashroot Cafe